+ Study. Dispensations. Part III. By Fabian Massa.
The Dispensation of Law.
1. The Ten Commandments
- Only believe in Him. Have no other gods before me. Ex. 20.33
- You shall not make pictures, nor serve them.
- Do not take His name in vain, Ex. 20.7, cf. Lev. 19.12
- God commands save a day for him. And also obligation to give a day off to the entire house, (people and animals). Ex. 20.8-11, cf. Lev. 19.3B
- Honoring parents. Ex. 20.12, cf. Lev. 19.3A
- Not murder, which generally translates "Thou shalt not kill " Ex. 20.13
- Do not commit adultery. Ex. 20.14
- Do not steal / steal. Ex. 20:15, cf. Lev. 19.11
- Do not bear false witness. Ex 20.16
- Coveting / envy the things of others.
2. The Statute
- Laws slaves, Ex. 21.1-11 (Dt. 15.12-18)
- Laws on violence, Ex. 21.19-25
- Laws regulating masters and owners.
- Restitution laws, Ex. 22.1-15
- Humanitarian law, Ex. 22.16-31
- Laws, Ex 23.1-13
- Law of the three annual feasts, Ex. 23.14-19
- Various laws concerning the treatment of persons, Lev. 19
- Governing ritual purity - religious life.
- Clean and unclean animals, Lev.11; Deut. 14.3-21
- Purification of women after childbirth, Lev.12
- Leprosy laws. Lev. 13
- Leprosy walls, Lev. 14
- Physical impurities
- Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) Lev. 16
- Only sanctuary Lev. 17.1-9
- Prohibition against eating blood, Lev. 17.10-16
- Prohibited acts of immorality, Lev. 18
- Holiness laws and justice, Lev. 19
- Holiness of priests, Lev. 21
- Holiness of the offerings, Lev. 22
- Feasts, Lev. 23Reglamentaciones on the liturgy in the Tabernacle, Lev. 24
- Year Sabbath (7th) and Jubilee (50th)
I could not sanctify or perfect.
It was limited in its effectiveness and duration.
I could not regenerate.
And he could only make manifest sin.
And he made clear the need for Christ.
- The sacrificial system was flawed because it did not remove sin's power over man, because this was to be sacrificed for the mistakes again and again. The perfect sacrifice of the Lamb of God (once and forever) made everything else becomes unnecessary and useless sacrifice. (Hebrews 10.1)
- The Priesthood after the Order of Aaron had no reason to exist without the sacrifices.
- The Priesthood of Aaron was flawed, because the high priest committed sins (hence should first sacrifice of atonement for himself (Lev. 16.6). But Jesus as High Priest was sinless (Hebrews 4:15)
- The Temple had no reason to exist without priests nor sacrifices without the Shekinah Glory Tabernacle was now in the heart of every believer.
- The ritual of sanctification, purification and fasting washings were no longer relevant because now holiness and righteousness by faith in the work of Christ is reached.
- The Service of the Levites no sense either, and even less after the destruction of the Temple in '70 by General. Tito.
- The "nonsense" of the Temple and everything in it (sacrifices and liturgies) was practiced, also he cleared the way to the service of the Levites, and the priesthood.
- If the service and function of the Levites have no reason to be, they not make more sense tithing, that the Law had been instituted in order to support them financially, as for serving the Temple could not work or had possession Among the tribes of Israel (Numbers 18.23, 24). In the NT the church has a responsibility to support the church with their gifts (1 Co. 16.2).
- With Christ there was a change of law. Hebrews 7.11
- With Christ there was a change of tribe (Judah Levi). Hebrews 7.12
- With Christ there was a change of priesthood, according to the order of Melchizedek instead of Aaron. Hebrews 7.15
- Christ brings a change of mind, a true spiritual revolution, ushering in the dispensation of grace, that we will see in the next post.