NOTES ON PROPHECY. By Fabian Massa
Specially prepared for Alfa & Omega Church.
The word prophecy contains in itself a great mystery, attracting like a magnet to people. It is closely linked to the prophet, who is the announcer of prophecy.
The dictionary definition WORDREFERENCE.COM prophecy is a good starting point for the study, see point by point: 1 . supernatural gift of divine origin which allows the knowledge of future events. AND 2 The Prophet.
- 11 I, yes, I am the Lord, and there is no other Savior. 12 First I predicted your rescue, then I saved you and proclaimed to the world. No foreign god ever has. O Israel, you witness that I am the only God, says the Lord. 13 From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand; no one can undo what I have done. " ISAIAH 43.11-13 NTV.
- 6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts: I am the first and I am the last, and besides me there is no God. 7 And who can proclaim the future, will declare, and set it in order before me, as I do since I established the ancient people? Shew what is, and what is to come. 8 Be not afraid, neither be afraid; I did not I hear from ancient times, and I tell you? Then you are my witnesses. There is no God but me. No Strong; I know of none. ISAIAH 44.6-8 RV 60.
- 14 "Come together, all of you, and listen: Who among them has foretold these things? The beloved of executed his purpose against Babylon; his arm will be against the Chaldeans. 15 Only I have spoken; I have just called. I will come, and will succeed in his mission. 16 "Come near to me, hear this:" From the beginning, never spoken in secret; when things happen, I am there. "Isaiah 48.14-16 NIV.
- 29 And now I have said before that I come, that when it happens, you may believe. Jesus Himself in John 14.29 RV60
3. Prediction: Conjecture based on signs or signals
5. The prophecy as an individual and personal advice.
6. versus Apocalyptic prophecy.
Week 70 is about to begin, the last Great Prophecy given by Jesus Christ glorified his beloved disciple in Patmos, 98 d. C. hopelessly approaches. We are ready?