AMERICAN LIFESTYLE REALLY? BY FABIAN MASSA.
- According to a University of California study, 90% of Americans earn $ 31,000 a year.
- 1% earn, per year, 27 million dollars per family.
- The share of wealth in the hands of the richest 10% of the country increased from 67.5% in 1989 to 75.7% in 2013.
- The wealth of the poorest 50% went from 2.9% in 1989 to 1.1% in 2013.
- There are 47 million poor people.
- One in five children is poor (20%)
- 26% of blacks are poor.
- 24% of Hispanics are poor.
- 1% of whites are poor.